Frank Marshall (1877-1944)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: James|
The hardest thing in chess is to win a won game.
|Description: Frank Marshall was an American chess player, national champion from 1909 to 1935 and finalist of the Chess World Title in 1907, against Emanuel Lasker. He was one of the strongest American players of the early twentieth century. In the 1930s, Marshall captained the US team in the chess Olympiads getting 4 gold medals in 4 Olympics.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: New York, United States / Jersey City, United States.
||Country Tags: United States.|
|Centuries: XIX-XX.||Title: –|
|World Champion: –||School: –|
|Styles: Tactical and strategic.||Chess Olympiads: 1930, 1931, 1933, 1935, 1937.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Ajedrez de ataque: Frank Marshall, el gran mariscal: http://www.ajedrezdeataque.com/04%20Articulos/20%20Marshall/Marshall.htm – [30/07/2018]
- Chessbase.com: Frank Marshall’s 140 aniversary: https://en.chessbase.com/post/frank-marshall-140 – [30/07/2018].
- Chess.com: Frank Marshall: The Growth Of A Chess Champion: https://www.chess.com/article/view/frank-marshall-the-growth-of-a-chess-champion – [30/07/2018].
- Frank Marshall at edochess.com: http://www.edochess.ca/players/p547.html – [30/07/2018].
- Frank Marshall at olimpbase: https://www.olimpbase.org/players/e86aaawl.html – [30/07/2018].
- Frank Marshall chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Frank_James_Marshall – [30/07/2018].
- Frank Marshall player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=10309 – [30/07/2018].
- Frank Marshall’s chess career in brasilbase.pro: http://www.brasilbase.pro.br/Frank.htm – [30/07/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Frank Marshall: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Marshall_(chess_player) – [30/07/2018].
- Andy Soltis (1994). Frank Marshall, United States Chess Champion: A Biography With 220 Games. McFarland & Company.
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press
- Frank Marshall (1942). My Fifty Years of Chess. 2002 Hardinge Simpole edition..
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Lawson, Dominic (1993). The Inner Game. Macmillan.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.