Zukertort, Johannes (1842-1888)
|Alternative last name spellings:|
|Alternative first name spellings: Hermann|
|Description: Johannes Zukertort was one of the best chess players of his time, being a finalist in the World Chess Championship. Although there is no proof of this, it is believed that he was also a doctor, music critic and spoke nine languages thanks to his excessive memory. He was part of the Romantic Chess Movement and was also a great blind-chess player. The opening Zukertort was named in his honor for being the first to practice it.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Lublin, Poland / London, United Kingdom.||Country Tags: Poland. United Kingdom.|
|Centuries: XIX.||Title: –|
|World Champion: –||School: Romantic Chess Movement|
|Styles: Bright, energetic, attacking.||Chess Olympiads: –|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Ajedrez de ataque: Johannes Zukertort, el legado de Anderssen: http://www.ajedrezdeataque.com/04%20Articulos/21%20Zukertort/Zukertort.htm – [23/04/2018].
- Chessbase.com: El problema de ajedrez de Johannes Zukertort: https://es.chessbase.com/post/problema-de-ajedrez-de-johannes-zukertort – [23/04/2018].
- Johannes Zukertort chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Johannes_Hermann_Zukertort – [23/04/2018].
- Johannes Zukertort in chess.com: https://www.chess.com/article/view/johannes-zukertort – [23/04/2018].
- Johannes Zukertort player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=10427 – [23/04/2018].
- Johannes Zukertort official website: http://www.zukertort.com/ – [23/04/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Johannes Zukertort: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Zukertort – [23/04/2018].
- Adams, J. (1989). Johannes Zukertort Artist of the Chessboard. Yorklyn.
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Olson, A. (1912). J.H. Zukertort. Stockholm.
- Singer, Isidore; et al., eds. (1901–1906).”Zukertort , Johannes Hermann”. Jewish Encyclopedia. New York: Funk & Wagnalls Company.
- Winter, Edward G., ed. (1981). World chess champions. Pergamon.