Kasparov, Garry (1963 -)
|Alternative last name spellings:|
|Alternative first name spellings: Kimovich|
|Alias: El ogro de Bakú / L’ogre de Bakou|
“The public must come to see that chess is a violent sport. Chess is mental torture.”
|Description: Garry Kasparov is a chess grandmaster, considered the best chess player of all time. With 22 years he became the youngest chess world champion, occupying the title for 15 years. After a great career, in 2005 he retired from professional chess to devote himself to politics and writing. He has been recognized as the inventor of Advanced Chess and is currently president of the International Council of the Human Rights Foundation.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player. Politician. Writer.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union (now Baku, Azerbaijan)||Country Tags: Russia. Croatia.|
|Centuries: XX-XXI.||Title: Grandmaster (1980)|
|World Champion: 1985–1993; 1993-2000 (PCA).||School: Young Pioneer Palace (Baku). Mikahil Botvinnik’s school.|
|Styles: Aggressive.||Chess Olympiads: 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No.|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No.|
- Garry Kasparov at Curlie: https://curlie.org/Games/Board_Games/Abstract/Battle_Games/Chess/People/World_Champions/Kasparov%2C_Garry/ – [26/02/2018].
- Garry Kasparov chess games at 365Chess.com: https://chess24.com/es/informate/jugadores/garry-kasparov – [26/02/2018].
- Garry Kasparov official website: http://www.kasparov.com/ – [26/02/2018].
- Garry Kasparov on Chess24: https://chess24.com/es/informate/jugadores/garry-kasparov – [26/02/2018].
- Garry Kasparov on Chess Ajedrez: http://www.chessajedrez.com/garry-kasparov/3713/ – [26/02/2018].
- Garry Kasparov player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=15940 – [26/02/2018].
- World Chess Federation. Garry Kasparov FIDE chess profile: https://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=4100018 – [26/02/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Garry Kasparov: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Kasparov – [26/02/2018].
- Wikiquote: Garry Kasparov: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Garry_Kasparov – [26/02/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Bird, Henry Edward. (2004). Chess history and reminiscences. Wroclaw, Poland: Amazon Fulfillment.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Forbes, Duncan. (1860). The history of chess: From the time of the early invention of the game in India till the period of It’s establishment in western and central Europe. London: W. H. Allen & Company.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Kasparov, Garry (1987). Child of Change: An Autobiography. London: Hutchinson.
- Kasparov, Garry (2007). How life imitates chess. William Heinemann Ltd.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.