Morphy, Paul (1837-1884)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Charles|
“Chess never has been and never can be aught but a recreation. It should not be indulged in to the detriment of other and more serious avocations.”
|Description: Paul Morphy was an American chess player, considered the best chess master of his time and an unofficial world chess champion, since that title did not officially exist in his day. He had a brief and brilliant career since he retired from professional chess when he was still young.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States / New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.||Country Tags: United States.|
|Centuries: XIX.||Title: Unofficial World Chess Champion|
|Wolrd Champion: –||School: Romantic|
|Styles: Smart and tactical.||Chess Olympiads: –|
|Articles: 1 (http://musichess.com/paul-morphy-por-jose-gascon-marquez/)|
|Tournaments: 1 (Caissa Trophy 2018. 5.5/9)|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No|
- Ajedrez de Ataque: Paul Charles Morphy: http://www.ajedrezdeataque.com/04%20Articulos/08%20Morphy/Morphy.htm – [14/03/2018].
- Paul Morphy at Encyclopaedia Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Paul-Charles-Morphy – [14/03/2018].
- Paul Morphy chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Paul_Morphy – [14/03/2018].
- Paul Morphy player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=16002 – [14/03/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Paul Morphy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Morphy – [14/03/2018].
- Wikiquote: Paul Morphy: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Paul_Morphy – [14/03/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Chris Ward (1997). The Genius of Paul Morphy, Cadogan Editorial.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Golombek, H. (1954). “The Great Masters: Steinitz”. The Game of Chess. Penguin Books.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Valeri Beim (2005). Paul Morphy: A Modern Perspective, Russel Enterprises Inc.