Petrosian, Tigran (1929 – 1984)
|Alternative last name spellings:|
|Alternative first name spellings: Vartanovich|
“Chess is a game by its form, an art by its content and a science by the difficulty of gaining mastery in it. Chess can convey as much happiness as a good book or work of music can.”
|Description: Petrosian was a Soviet-Armenian chess Grandmaster and chess World Champion. He was famous for being one of the players who best understood the prophylaxis, becoming a master the realization of moves intended to thwart the rival’s plans. An important opening system bears his name: the Petrosian variant of the King’s Indian Defense.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Tiflis, Georgian SSR, Soviet Union (currently Tbilisi, Georgia) / Moscow, Soviet Union.||Country Tags: Armenia. Georgia|
|Centuries: XX.||Title: Grandmaster (1952).|
|Wolrd Champion: 1963–1969||School: –|
|Styles: Defensive.||Chess Olympiads: 1958, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968, 1970, 1972, 1974, 1978.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Tigran Petrosian Biography: http://www.tim-thompson.com/petrosian.html – [02/03/2018].
- Tigran Petrosian chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Tigran_V_Petrosian – [02/03/2018].
- Tigran Petrosian on Chess24: https://chess24.com/es/informate/jugadores/tigran-petrosian – [02/03/2018].
- Tigran Petrosian player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=16149 – [02/03/2018].
- Tigran Petrosian team chess record at OlimpBase.org: http://www.olimpbase.org/players/ikkqkgyh.html – [02/03/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Tigran Petrosian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigran_Petrosian – [02/03/2018].
- Wikiquote: Tigran Petrosian: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tigran_Petrosian – [02/03/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Kirillov, Valentin (2017). Team Tal: An Inside Story. Moscow: Elk and Ruby Publishing House.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Sunnucks, Anne, ed. (1970). “Petrosian, Tigran”. The Encyclopedia of Chess. St. Martin’s Press