Lev Polugaevsky (1934-1995)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Abramovich|
|Description: Lev Polugaevsky was a russian Chess Grandmaster and International Grandmaster. He was a frequent contender for the World Championship. He was one of the strongest players in the world between 1960 and 1980, as well as was an author and chess theorist. His contributions about chess openings are still important at the moment.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Mogilev, Soviet Union / Paris, France.
||Country Tags: Russia.|
|Centuries: XX.||Title: Grandmaster (1962).|
|World Champion: –||School: –|
|Styles: –||Chess Olympiads: 1966, 1968, 1970, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1984.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Ajedrez12: Lev Polugaevsky, maestro de la defensa siciliana: http://ajedrez12.com/2017/08/29/lev-polugaevsky-maestro-de-la-defensa-siciliana-2/ – [30/07/2018].
- Chessbase.com: The Polugaevsky variation: https://en.chessbase.com/post/the-polugaevsky-variation/2 – [30/07/2018].
- Chess.com: Polugaevsky’s Boldness: https://www.chess.com/article/view/polugaevskys-boldness – [30/07/2018].
- Lev Polugaevsky at olimpbase: http://www.olimpbase.org/players/1r7zr77g.html – [30/07/2018].
- Lev Polugaevsky chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Lev_Polugaevsky – [30/07/2018].
- Lev Polugaevsky player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=13741 – [30/07/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Lev Polugaevsky: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lev_Polugaevsky – [30/07/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Golombek, Harry (ed.) (1977). Golombek’s Encyclopedia of Chess. Crown Publishers.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Lawson, Dominic (1993). The Inner Game. Macmillan.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Polugayevsky, Lev (1991). The Sicilian Labyrinth Volume 2. Pergamon Russian Chess Series. Pergamon Chess.