Sculthorpe, Peter (1929-2014)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Peter Joshua|
“I love Australia passionately. I love our landscape. It’s influenced most of my work, really. Almost everything I´ve written is about the landscape. Trying to find, the sacred, the spiritual in it.”
|Description: Peter Sculthorpe was an Australian music composer interested in the aspects of native Australian music. In his works he occasionally introduced a series of sounds and noises that guide the spectator on a journey into the depths of the Australian jungle.|
|Sex: Male||Occupation: Composer, Conductor|
|Place of birth / death: Launceston, Tasmania / Sydney, Australia.||Country tags: Australia|
|Periods: 20th century (first half), 20th century (second half), 21th century||Genres: Chamber music, Native australian music, Opera, Choral music, Soundtrack.|
|Styles: Classical music, Nationalist music, Contemporary music.||School / Group: –|
|Instruments: Orchestra||Relatives: –|
|Patrons: Sir Bernard Heinze, Australian Music Centre (AMC).||Master: Egon Wellesz, Wilfrid Mellers.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No|
- All Music: Peter Sculthorpe biography: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/peter-sculthorpe-mn0001582286/biography – [15/01/2018]
- Australian music centre: Peter Sculthorpe biography: http://www.australianmusiccentre.com.au/artist/sculthorpe-peter – [15/01/2018].
- Internet Archive way back machine: Peter Sculthorpe: https://web.archive.org/web/20080606224121/http://www.tasmaniancomposers.com/composer.php?composerid=petersculthorpe – [15/01/2018].
- Interview with Peter Sculthorpe by Bruce Duffie, 17 February 1994: http://www.bruceduffie.com/sculthorpe.html – [15/01/2018]
- “Obituary: Australian composer Peter Sculthorpe”. ABC News. 8 August 2014: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-08/tasmanian-composer-peter-sculthorpe-dies/5484044 [15/01/2018].
- Peter Sculthorpe home page: http://www.petersculthorpe.com.au/ – [15/01/2018].
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Peter Sculthorpe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sculthorpe – [15/01/2018].
- Dunbar-Hall, Peter. Gibson, Chris (2004). Deadly Sounds, Deadly Places: Contemporary Aboriginal Music in Australia. Paperback, UNSW Press.
- Graeme Skinner (2007). Peter Sculthorpe: the making of an Australian composer. UNSW Press.
- Love, J. W. Kaeppler, Adrienne (2013). Garland Encyclopedia of World Music, Vol. 9: Australia and the Pacific Islands. New York and London: Routledge.
- Michels, Ulrich. (1992) Atlas de música, vol. 1 y 2. Madrid: Alianza Editorial
- Morgan, Robert P. (1999). La música del siglo XX. Madrid: Akal.
- Ross, Alex. (Julio 2013). El ruido eterno. Escuchar al siglo XX a través de su música. Barcelona: Seix Barral.
- Sculthorpe, Peter (2009) “Rites of Passage”, Limelight, May 2009.