Short, Nigel (1965)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: David.|
|Description: Nigel Short is an English chess Grandmaster and International Chess Master, chess columnist, chess coach and chess commentator. He was ranked third in the world by FIDE from January 1988 to July 1989. In 1993 he became the first English player to play a World Chess Championship match. As of February 2018, he is the oldest player ranked among FIDE’s top 100 players and is ranked 65.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player, columnist and coach.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Leigh, England, United Kingdom.
||Country Tags: United Kingdom.|
|Centuries: XX-XXI.||Title: Grandmaster (1984).|
|World Champion: –||School: Atherton Chess Club and Bolton Chess Club.|
|Styles: –||Chess Olympiads: 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.|
|Tournaments: 1 (Caissa Trophy 2018. 4/9)|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No|
- Chessbase.com: Nigel Short runs for FIDE president: https://en.chessbase.com/post/nigel-short-runs-for-fide-president – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short at Olimpbase.org: http://www.olimpbase.org/players/zjlrfzfi.html – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short at chess-players.org: https://www.chess-players.org/nigel-short/ – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short chess games and profile in chess-db.com: https://chess-db.com/public/pinfo.jsp?id=400025 – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Nigel_D_Short – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short FIDE Chess profile: https://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=400025 – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short in chess.com: https://www.chess.com/news/view/nigel-short-to-run-for-fide-president – [01/06/2018].
- Nigel Short player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/player/nigel_short.html – [01/06/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Nigel Short: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Short – [01/06/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Forbes, Cathy(1993). Nigel Short: Quest for the Crown. Cadogan.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Lawson, Dominic(1993). The Inner Game. Macmillan.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Short, David (1982). Nigel Short, Chess Prodigy: His Career and Best Games. Faber & Faber.