Smyslov, Vasily (1921-2010)
|Alternative last name spellings:|
|Alternative first name spellings: Vasilyevich|
|Description: Vasily Smyslov was a Soviet and Russian chess grandmaster, and World Chess Champion. He was one of the most important players whose duels with Mijaíl Botvínnik went down in history. In addition, he has a great connection with music, as he was a prominent baritone. His life was divided between the musical performance and the chess tournaments.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Moscow, Soviet Union. / Moscow, Russia.||Country Tags: Russia.|
|Centuries: XX-XXI.||Title: Grandmaster.|
|Wolrd Champion: 1957–1958.||School: –|
|Styles: Positional and defensive.||Chess Olympiads: 1952, 1954, 1956, 1958. 1960, 1964, 1968, 1970, 1972.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Chessbase.com: World Champion Vasily Smyslov dies at 89: https://en.chessbase.com/post/world-champion-vasily-smyslov-dies-at-89 – [07/03/2018].
- Vasily Smyslov chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Vassily_Smyslov – [07/03/2018].
- Vasily Smyslov: Daily Telegraph obituary: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/7564357/Vasily-Smyslov.html – [07/03/2018].
- Vasily Smyslov on Chess.com: https://www.chess.com/chessopedia/view/vassily-smyslov – [07/03/2018].
- Vasily Smyslov on Chess24: https://chess24.com/en/read/players/vasily-smyslov – [07/03/2018].
- Vasily Smyslov player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=14676 – [07/03/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Vasily Smyslov: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Smyslov – [07/03/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Schonberg, Harold C. (1973). Grandmasters of Chess. J.B. Lippincott.