Taimanov, Mark (1926-2016)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Evgenievich. Yevguenievich|
“I did not mix my two professions, I alternated between the two. When I gave concerts I was taking a rest from chess and when I played chess, I was resting from the piano. As a result, my whole life has been one long holiday!”
|Description: Mark Taimanov was a Chess Grandmaster and International Chess Master. As a chess theorist, he has contributed to the enrichment of the theory of chess openings. At the same time, Taimanov alternated his chess career with a prominent career as a musician, becoming one of the best pianists in the Soviet Union. With his first wife, Lyubov Bruk, he formed a piano duo that was very successful.
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player. Pianist.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Járkov , RSS de Ucrania ,Unión Soviética / San Petersburgo, Rusia||Country Tags: Russia.|
|Centuries: XX-XXI.||Title: Grandmaster (1952).|
|World Champion: –||School: Young Pioneer Palaces.|
|Styles: Tactical.||Chess Olympiads: 1956.|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- Chessbase.com: Mark Taimanov: My life with chess and music: https://en.chessbase.com/post/my-life-with-che-and-music – [06/04/2018].
- Chess24.com: Mark Taimanov dies at 90: https://chess24.com/en/read/news/mark-taimanov-dies-at-90 – [06/04/2018]
- Fide.com: In memorian Mark Taimanov (1926-2016): https://www.fide.com/component/content/article/15-chess-news/9934-in-memoriam-mark-taimanov-1926-2016.html – [06/04/2018].
- Grandmaster Profile: GM Mark Taimanov: http://www.gmsquare.com/interviews/taimanov.html – [06/04/2018].
- Mark Taimanov at Olimpbase: http://www.olimpbase.org/players-ind/6/62e60o2e.html – [06/04/2018].
- Mark Taimanov chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Mark_E_Taimanov – [06/04/2018].
- Mark Taimanov on Chess.com: https://www.chess.com/news/view/mark-taimanov-1926-2016-4976 – [06/04/2018].
- Mark Taimanov on Chess-db.com: https://chess-db.com/public/pinfo.jsp?id=4100760 – [06/04/2018].
- Mark Taimanov player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=14920 – [06/04/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Mark Taimanov: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Taimanov – [06/04/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.