Saint Yared (525-571)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Yared|
|Description: Saint Yared was a legendary Ethiopian musician, inventor of the traditional sacred music of the Ethiopian Orthodox church, and the Ethiopian musical notation system. He was the creator of traditional Ethiopian singing, which are still performed today in the Orthodox church. He composed the entire hymns that is found in the six books of Ethiopian chants, and is recognized as a Saint in the Orthodox Church. Yared is also patron of the performing arts.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Musician, Composer, Singer, Music Theorist.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Axum, Tigray, Ethiopia.
||Country Tags: Ethiopia.|
|Periods: 6st Century.||Genres: Instrumental music. Choral music. Voice music. Religious music. Sacred music.|
|Styles: Medieval music, Ancient music, Traditional music.||School / Group: Eritrean Orthodox Church and Ethiopian Catholic Church.|
|Instruments: Voice.||Relatives: –|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe):|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players:|
- A brief history of Saint Yared, in Ethiopian Orthodox Church: http://www.ethiopianorthodoxchurch.org/saint_yared.html – [03/04/2020].
- Ethiopian chant in Encyclopædia Britannica: https://global.britannica.com/art/Ethiopian-chant – [03/04/2020].
- Ethiopian Orthodox chants in Ethiopianorthodox.org: http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/churchmusic/mezmuretewhedo/series.html – [03/04/2020].
- Saint Yared in Black Past: https://www.blackpast.org/global-african-history/saint-yared-505-571/ – [03/04/2020].
- Saint Yared in last.fm: https://www.last.fm/music/Saint+Yared – [03/04/2020].
- Saint Yared in St-gebriel.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20110728052945/http://www.st-gebriel.org/Styared/gab_yared_music.htm – [03/04/2020].
- Wikipedia.org: Saint Yared: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yared – [03/04/2020].
- Burkholder, J. Peter. Jay Grout, Donald. Palisca, Claude V. (2015). Historia de la música occidental. Madrid: Alianza música.
- Howard, Sarah (2011). Ethiopia – Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture. Kuperard.
- Michels, Ulrich. (1992) Atlas de música, vol. 1 y 2. Madrid: Alianza Editorial.
- Onnen, Frank. (1967). Enciclopedia de la música. Madrid: Afrodisio Aguado.
- Pajares Alonso, Roberto L. (2010). Historia de la Música en 6 bloques. Madrid: Visión libros.
- Shelemay, Kay Kaufman; Jeffery, Peter, eds. (1993, 1994 and 1997). Ethiopian Christian liturgical chant: An anthology: Part 1, 2 & 3. A-R Editions.
- Velimirović, Miloš (1990). The New Oxford History of Music: The Early Middle Ages to 1300. Richard Crocker and David Hiley (ed.). Oxford University Press.