Korchnoi, Viktor (1931-2016)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Lvovich|
|Description: Viktor Korchnoi was a great chess master considered one of the best chess players who does not have the title of world champion. Despite this, he was four times a chess champion of the USSR, five times a member of Soviet teams that won the European championship and six times a member of Soviet teams that won the Chess Olympiad.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Leningrad, Soviet Union / Wohlen, Switzerland.||Country Tags: Russia, Switzerland.|
|Centuries: XX-XXI.||Title: Grandmaster.|
|World Champion: –||School: Leningrad Pioneer Palace.|
|Styles: Aggresive (attack and counterattack). Positional. Defensive.||Chess Olympiads: 1960, 1966, 1968, 1970, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1982, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008.|
|Articles: 1 (https://musichess.com/campeones-sin-corona-primera-entrega/)|
|Tournaments: 1 (Caissa Trophy 2018. 5/9)|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No|
- Tribute to Viktor Korchnoi on chess diagonal: http://www.chessdiagonals.ch/ – [19/03/2018].
- Viktor Korchnoi at olimpbase: http://www.olimpbase.org/players/c6ak4qqi.html – [19/03/2018].
- Viktor Korchnoi chess games at 365Chess.com: http://www.365chess.com/players/Viktor_Korchnoi – [19/03/2018].
- Viktor Korchnoi FIDE chess profile: https://www.fide.com/component/content/article/1-fide-news/9664-viktor-korchnoi-1931-2016.html – [19/03/2018].
- Viktor Korchnoi on Chess24: https://chess24.com/en/read/players/viktor-korchnoi – [19/03/2018].
- Viktor Korchnoi player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=15866 – [19/03/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Viktor Korchnoi: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Korchnoi – [19/03/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.