Reshevsky, Samuel (1911-1992)
|Alternative last name spellings: –|
|Alternative first name spellings: Herman.|
|Description: Samuel Reshevsky was a Polish chess player of Jewish origin, nationalized American, child prodigy and one of the greatest chess masters in the United States and in the world. He was an eight-time winner of the US Chess Championship and an outstanding match player throughout his career, but he never was a full-time chess professional. He was an accountant by profession, and a well-regarded chess writer.|
|Sex: Male.||Occupation: Chess player. Chess writer.|
|Place of Birth / Death: Ozorkow, Poland / New York, United States
||Country Tags: Poland. United States.|
|Centuries: XX.||Title: –|
|World Champion: –||School: –|
|Styles: Positional and tactical.||Chess Olympiads: 1937, 1950, 1952, 1958, 1964, 1968, 1970, 1974.|
|Articles: 1 (https://musichess.com/campeones-sin-corona-primera-entrega/)|
|Tournaments: 1 (Caissa Trophy 2018. 4/9)|
|Fictional stories (MC Universe): No|
|Music Composers vs. Chess Players: No|
- Ajedrez de ataque: Samuel Reshevsky, el niño prodigio: http://www.ajedrezdeataque.com/04%20Articulos/28%20Reshevsky/Reshevsky.htm – [06/06/2018].
- Chesbase.com: Americans playing for the title: Samuel Reshevsky: https://en.chessbase.com/post/americans-playing-for-the-title-samuel-reshevsky – [06/06/2018].
- Samuel Reshevsky at olimpbase: http://www.olimpbase.org/players/mgmygkuo.html – [06/06/2018].
- Samuel Reshevsky chess games at 365Chess.com: https://www.365chess.com/players/Samuel_Herman_Reshevsky – [06/06/2018].
- Samuel Reshevsky in chess.com: https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-players/samuel-reshevsky – [06/06/2018].
- Samuel Reshevsky player profile and games at Chessgames.com: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=11209 – [06/06/2018].
- Wikipedia the free encyclopedia: Samuel Reshevsky: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Reshevsky – [06/06/2018].
- Averbakh, Yuri. (2012). A history of chess. From Chaturanga to the present day. Milford, USA: Russel enterprises Inc.
- Eales, Richard. (2002). Chess: The history of a game. Glasgow, Scotland: Hardinge Simpole Publishing.
- Elo, Arpad E. (2008). The rating of chess players, Past and Present. New York: Ishi Press.
- Gordon, Stephen W. (2011). Samuel Reshevsky. McFarland.
- Hooper, David. Whyld, Kenneth. (1992). The Oxford companion to chess. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Lawson, Dominic (1993). The Inner Game. Macmillan.
- Murray, H. J. R. (1913). A history of chess. New York: Oxford University Press.